Last New Year I was really helped by working through Donald Whitney’s 10 Questions. This morning I did the exercise again and reflected where I’d got up to with last year’s answers. It was exciting to see how God had answered prayers, and humbling to see lessons that I’m still learning.
Amidst all the other things going on this week why not take a few minutes to work through these yourself? Write down your answers and put them in a place where you can find them a couple of times during the year.
1. What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?